Friday, May 16, 2008

Doing Business in Jersey

Last month I started my own business: Kotite Media Group. I never thought in a million years I'd be incorporating a business of my own, even after spending 8 years reporting on the companies of others in Entrepreneur. The bug never bit me. Now the women I worked with many years ago are venturing out on their own as well. Maybe we're just crock-pot entrepreneurs. We need to cook for a long time, but the results are well worth it.
My company is involved in many kinds of editorial projects--I really am a packager, which means I handle everything from concept, to photography, to writing, pulling a team of professionals together if necessary. Hopefully this will extend to producing entire magazine issues, books and online content that is ongoing and cohesive. Not sure that makes sense to everyone--I'll see in a few minutes when I meet with my graphic designer to see what he came up with for my logo...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Erika! Thought I'd say hello. Best of luck on your new company!! Take care...Jackie

Unknown said...

Even as bizarre as our 'meeting' has been, I have a feeling we can make something really FUN together!
Don't lose my contact info!
Elaine
PatternGlass.com